About the IAU
IAU, founded in 1950, is the UNESCO-based worldwide association of higher education institutions. It brings together institutions and organisations from some 150 countries for reflection and action on common concerns and collaborates with various international, regional and national bodies active in higher education. Its services are available on the priority basis to Members but also to organisations, institutions and authorities concerned with higher education, as well as to individual policy and decision-makers, specialists, administrators, teachers, researchers and students.
The Association aims at giving expression to the obligation of universities and other higher education institutions as social institutions to promote, through teaching, research and services, the principles of freedom and justice, of human dignity and solidarity, and contributes, through international cooperation, to the development of material and moral assistance for the strengthening of higher education generally.
To find out more about the IAU visit their website at www.iau-aiu.net
About Palgrave Macmillan
Palgrave Macmillan is a global academic publisher, serving learning and scholarship in higher education and the professional world. We publish textbooks, journals, monographs, professional and reference works in print and online. Our programme focuses on the Humanities, the Social Sciences and Business.
As part of the Macmillan Group, we represent with an unbroken tradition of over 160 years of independent academic publishing, continually reinventing itself for the future.
Our goal is to be the publisher of choice for all our stakeholders - for authors, customers, business partners, the academic communities we serve and the staff who work for us. We aim to do this by reaching the maximum readership with works of the highest quality.
- For the authors, learned societies, academic organizations, and customers with whom we work:
- We offer a unique breadth of experience, giving a full international publishing service to communities we work with - spanning textbooks, scholarly books, and journals, print and online.
- We have the resources of our large parent organization, but combine this with the more intimate feel of a small company - personal, flexible, and responsive.
- We recognize the importance of partnerships to our business success, and combine a culture of service with high standards of professionalism.
- We combine creativity with efficiency, and innovation with appropriate, cost-effective, and timely action.
- We have the stability of ownership and the dedicated staffing to build long-term, productive relationships.
To find out more about Palgrave Macmillan visit our website at www.palgrave.com